My CRM customer uses MS SQL Express because their database size is small enough. He’s been using SQLbackupandFTP for a couple of years now and all of a sudden, the email notifications that I configured for success and failure produces an error in the logs. The backups are created successfully. However, the log shows a failure for the notification. When we test the email settings, this is the message we receive:
I googled the error without any results. His email password did change, so he changed it in the settings and still receives the error message. The email settings do not use SSL, but TLS, but we tried both options and no options for authentication - no difference. We re-entered the password several times. We purposely entered an incorrect password and receive a different error that authentication failed. We also downloaded and installed the latest version. We’re stumped and my customer is frustrated. All in all, this is the first issue I’ve had with your product and many of my customers have been using it for awhile. Thank you!
Additional Info I neglected to add above: I saw a similar issue on this forum and answer was to deleted the contents of the C:\ProgramData\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP. We did that and the resolution mentioned that the backup jobs would be deleted. So I took some screen shots, stopped the service and then deleted the sub-folders indicated. Turned the service back on and launched the program. The original jobs were there - they had not been deleted. I thought that to be strange.