Wrong Encoding on Restoring?

Hi, i begin to use this tool and i have one problem restoring backups, maybe is a misconfiguration of my side but i can’t find where change the configuration.
I have one database on PostgreSQL with LATIN1 encoding.
In the backup task i don’t add extra commands on Output SQL Options and the generated SQL have:

– PostgreSQL database dump

– Dumped from database version 9.2.23
– Dumped by pg_dump version 11.1

SET statement_timeout = 0;
SET lock_timeout = 0;
SET idle_in_transaction_session_timeout = 0;
SET client_encoding = ‘LATIN1’;

but when i restore the database the encoding changes to UTF8.
I need that the restored database have the same encoding (LATIN1) that the original one.
How i may achieve that?
Regards.

Hi SB1,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this is a known issue, and we’ll fix it in the future. Currently, if you need to restore with another encoding, then please do it manually.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, is this issue already fixed?
I ask the question because some days ago i restore one database with no errors but one table don’t populate. One table with columns that have characters like Ñ and the length of data was the max length of column. If a try to add manually the data with insert queries from pgadmin appears a warning indicating that the length of data is larger then the length definded for the column.
Regards.

Hi SB1,

Some improvements have been added to the Alpha edition https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha Could you please install it and check if it works for you?

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.