Unscheduled backup activity

I have SQLBackup (ver 12.7.15) installed and configured for NO scheduled backup of my SQL Express 2019 installation. However, about every six hours, the server log reports
I/O is frozen . . .
I/O was resumed . . .
Database backed up . . . .
BACKUP DATABASE successfully processed . . . .
once for each of the three default databases, and also for my database.
This seems like a whole lot of unnecessary activity that I’d rather not have going on. Can this be stopped so that it only happens when your software actually does a backup?
Thank you.

Hello John_Rex,

Could you please clarify which logs you are referring to - the Windows event log or the SQL Server log? We are currently unaware of this issue, and we would need to simulate it first.

Please inform us if you have any other questions.

Thank you, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Alexander, I am referring to the SQL Server log.
John

Hello John_Rex,

We have thoroughly investigated the issue and can confirm that the problem is not associated with SQLBackupAndFTP. Our product does not initiate backups unless scheduled jobs are configured. Therefore, the issue seems to be originating from your side.

If you are confident that no other software is performing backups and there are no auto-backup configurations set up through the SQL Server Agent, it is plausible that your server provider is executing a shadow copy backup of the server. This process may be causing your SQL Server to freeze due to the VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) service.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Alexander, thank you for looking into this. I decided to uninstall SQLBackupAndFTP. The backup activity is continuing so, as you said, it must be something else. I’ll figure it out somehow.
Thank you again.
John

Hello John,

Thank you for the update. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further issues or concerns. We are here to assist you.