Unable to start service latest version - now urgent

Hi,

We recently have purchase licence for latest version. 11.7.3
Once installed I was unable to start then I reinstalled old version which was working before.

Now nothing works and it’s not possible start the service even after service reboot.

We have already send an email to your support address and still haven’t receive any response after few days.

It’s production server so there is not internet connectivity at all.

Please advise.

There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. > The pipe endpoint ‘net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config’ could not be found on your local machine.

The SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) service to connect.

Many thanks
Raf

Hi Raf,

We have received your email and replied on Sep 18th at 02:28pm, here is the copy:

"Dear Raf,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

For the correct work of SQLBackupAndFTP, you have to have a stable internet connection.

To check why SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server Backup) Windows Service didn’t run, please check your Windows Event Log (Application and System) are there any error messages related to SQLBackupAndFTP?

Sorry for the inconvenience."

Perhaps the email was lost in spam.

Hi Alexander,

We can’t have this sever connected to an internet because of strict security policy.

The email is being send to a group of people and none received it :slight_smile: it might be worth checking if your mail servers are not blacklisted although we did get a welcome email.

What options do we have then ?

Many thanks
Raf

Since installation of latest version the service is not starting even if i use very old version.

What registry setting new version is changing so at least I can revert them back so we can use it until we find permanent solution.

Many thanks
Raf

If the old versions of SQLBackupAndFTP also don’t work, then, perhaps this issue related to the software that is responsible for your server’s security, could you please check it?

To check why the service doesn’t start, we need more details. Please check your Windows Event Log (Application and System) are there any error messages related to SQLBackupAndFTP?

To validate the license SQLBackupAndFTP requests stable internet connection, and this no other way to do it.

Here you go. All worked fine so I wouldn’t blame Kaspersky for it:)

Applications
There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. > The pipe endpoint ‘net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config’ could not be found on your local machine.

The SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) service to connect.

Kaspersky does not report any issues.

Can we use our licence with an old version which does’t require internet connection. We are water encryption only.
I have not been given permission to even temporary enable internal access on this server so it seems we won’t be able to use your software in any future install.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, we have changed your license key not it is valid for SQLBackupAndFTP version 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sounds like a good plan. Can you send us this version 10 please so we can give it. On our account it still shows v11 ?

Many thanks
Raf

Hi Raf,

You can download the old version by the following link http://old.sqlbackupandftp.com/download/sqlbaksetupazure.exe

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

All sorted out. We use version 10 with a new key.
The service started working after we installed version 10.

Many thanks and this can be closed.

No problem. Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.