Unable to Restore Databases

Hello,

Today, we are not able to restore the database to another.
We are restoring the production DB PROD to the test DB TEST. On going from
Options -> Restore from Backup -> Selecting the backup -> Restore -> Typing the name of the Destination DB TEST and clicking on Restore, the process immediately clears the Uncompressing stage, goes to Restoring and finishes to successful within a matter of seconds. It took at least 4-5 minutes to uncompress and restore earlier. Also, even though the window says DB restored successfully, the DB is not restored.

Hi PRESS_FIT_PIPE_AND_P,

To investigate this case, we need more details. Could you please send the Advanced log? Here are more details on how to do it https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/how-to-send-log-to-developers

Please let us know when the log will be sent, also, please provide us with your Application ID (“Help” > “About”).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

Sorry, the issue seems to have been resolved by itself.

Hi PRESS_FIT_PIPE_AND_P,

That’s great. Thank you for your reply.

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

I am having a very similar issue where it runs through the restore process but does not restore anything. No errors, nothing in the logs except it completed the restore. I’m trying to restore from a directory which has 17 backup files in it. After selecting the folder, I go to which database to restore but there are no options in the drop down list. I choose the settings button and add my database name manually. It connects to the SQL server with no issue. I run the job and it picks up there were 17 files and finishes within seconds which is way to fast. Nothing is restored. I uploaded some logs a few minutes ago. I also have a video of what it is doing if you want to see that.

Hi Kurt_Henderson,

Please find more details about the restore issue at https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/how-to-restore-sql-server-backups

Yes to check that case we need more details about that issue. If you have a video on YouTube, please send us the link.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.