Two remote SQL backups to local network/disk one fails

Hi,

I have two remote DBs that I need to backup on remote servers using the SQLBAckupAndFTP free edition (the DBs are tiny).

I use the Microsoft SQL Server (remote) and configure the backup. The databases need separate logins so I configure 2 jobs one for each. When configured each job runs successfully. Once they are scheduled then one fails. If I delete it and recreate then it runs the first time but either that or the other job fails. The error appears to be:

29/09/2020 00:15:19 [Error] Failed to backup “DATABASE_NAME” database with “Full” backup type: Backup media not found: “C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp\SYSTEM\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP\backup\DATABASE_NAME202009290015.sql”.

Any help on resolving this would be greatly appreciated. The two jobs run at 00:15 and 00:30 if that would make any difference.

TIA
Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your message. To specify different credentials for one remote SQL Server connection please specify the Server name like:

localhost / any description of the connection /
localhost / connection for the second user /

then you’ll be able to specify different credentials.

It should resolve the issue.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

1 Like

It was exactly the solution I was looking for, thank you :pray:

No problem, please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

Hello,
in my case, I want make backup from network. can I configure this soft on local PC and take .bak file from network?

thank you

Hi Otar,

To get the backups with the *.bak extension, please install SQLBackupAndFTP on the same computer where SQL Server is installed and use the local SQL Server connection. Please find more details at https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/remote-sql-server-backups-explained

Thank you!