SQLBackupAndFTP service randomly crashing

Hello,

I currently have SQLBackupAndFTP running on multiple Windows servers for clients and have recently setup monitoring software for determining if the backup service is running or not.

It seems that the service randomly stops and I need to go in and start the service again. This has occurred on multiple servers over the past couple weeks.

The only consistency I see with the service crashes is that it normally interrupts a backup to an FTP server.

I have attached pictures of the event viewer logs for the crash.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Stephen_Plummer,

For further investigation, we need more details.

Could you please provide us with the Advanced Log https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/how-to-send-log-to-developers?

Please let us know when the log will be sent and let us know your Application ID (“Help” > About").

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately, I did not have advanced logging enabled on any of our systems.

I have gone ahead and turned it on a couple of them to see if the issue replicates.

Last week, I manually restarted the service for all of my clients and so far have not had any additional issues.

If there are, I will send you the advanced log.

Thank you.

Hi Stephen_Plummer,

Thank you for your reply.

Sure, if the issue will be reproduced, please send the logs to our dev team.

Hi Alexander,

The issue occurred on one of our client’s servers again.

I have sent the advanced log to the dev team.

Please let me know if you require more information and also what course of action I need to take to stop this from occurring again.

Hi Stephen_Plummer,

Thank you for your logs, please give us some time to check the issue, we’ll keep you updated.

Hi Stephen_Plummer,

Thank you for your waiting.

Sorry, but in the logs you sent information isn’t enough, could you please leave the Advanced Log enabled, install .NET Framework Repair Tool Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center and if the issues still will be reproduced, send the logs to our dev team.

Hi Alexander,

I have done what you asked and the service has crashed again.

I have sent the advanced logs to the dev team.

Best Regards.

Hi Stephen_Plummer,

Thank you for your reply and for the details. Please give us some time to check the issue, we’ll keep you updated.

Hi Stephen_Plummer,

We have added some improvements to the Alpha edition https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha Could you please install it and check if it works for you? If you still have this issue, please provide us with the Advanced Log.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.