SQLBackupAndFTP Client Services keeps stopping

My SQL serving is working fine but when I try to backup with SQLBackupandFTP I get the following error message:

“SQLBackupandFTP (SQL server backup) windows service has stopped. See Windows eventlog to find the reason. Restart the service to resume backup jobs.”

I am running version 12.3.11 on Windows 10.

I have gone to Computer Management. I found the SQLBackupAndFtp Client service was not running. I started the service but within 1 to 2 seconds the service stops again. I can watch Windows start the service, say its running for about a second and stop again. It will do this about every 10 seconds (at least while I am watching it in the Computer Management app.)

I searched the Windows Event log and found that SQLBackupAndFTP Client Service had tried and failed to start over 147 times since March 26th.
Windows did a “Cumulative update for Windows 10” on my computer March 25 and the Windows event log starts showing the errors for SQLBackupand FTP on the 26th.

After attempting to restart the client services again I get these errors:
SQLBackupAndFTP Client services

An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. > Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.112.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

>NET Runtime

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler.CreateDbConnectionEx()
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler.UpdateDatabase()
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler.UpdateDatabaseToLastVersion(Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler)
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler…ctor(System.Nullable1<Boolean>, System.Nullable1)
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.ContextDatabaseHandler…ctor(Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.ContextHandler)
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext.get_IsLocal()
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext.get_AccountContentService()
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext+<>c__DisplayClass17_0.b__0(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(System.Object)

Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext+<>c__DisplayClass17_0.b__1(System.Object, System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(System.ComponentModel.RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Application Error

Faulting application name: SqlBak.Service.exe, version: 2.14.7.0, time stamp: 0x5e70ea64
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.752, time stamp: 0x2023e189
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a859
Faulting process id: 0x3378
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6092bcfce9db4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SQLBackupAndFTP\SqlBak.Service.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 0cf53b8f-8737-4778-8a56-807b43991675
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Can someone help me get the SQLBackupAndFTP Client services running again?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the details, we can recommend you the following:

1. Reinstall the application
  2. Check your drive, are there any errors?
  3. For the test run SQLBackupAndFTP as a process. You can do it in the following way:
  • Run Command Prompt and go to the directory where SQLBackupAndFTP is installed.

• Run sqlbak.service.exe -console (Do not press “Any Key”). If you get any error messages please send us a screenshot of them.

• To run SQLBackupAndFTP and tune a backup job, please execute sbf.application.exe -ignoreStatusService

If it works, please add sqlbak.service.exe -console into the windows scheduler.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your help. Reinstalling the software did the trick. I was leary of trying this as I was afraid of losing my backup setup. I am glad to say that not only did the reinstall work but my backup setup was still in place and all is working well. Again, thank you for your help.

Dave

Hi Dave,

That’s great! Thank you for your reply. Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

hi can u help me for error
failed to stat the service
invalid url:the host name could note be parsed

hi can u help me for error
failed to stat the service
invalid url:the host name could note be parsed

Hi hisham_osman,

To investigate this case we need more details. Could you please provide us with your Windows Event Log (Application and System)? To make it private, please send it to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

Sorry for the inconvenience.