SQL Backup and FTP 12.2.5 internet access for license

Hello,

I Currently have SQLBackupandFTP 12.2.5 professional installed on a PC. We enabled internet access temporarily to only activate the license and all works well. My problem is that we cannot have internet access enabled on this PC anymore for company security reasons. Will this software switch back to the trial version, now that it is already activated?

I really have no choice around this and there are no proxy settings.

Please do let me know.

Thanks
Vij

Hi Vij,

Sorry, but yes, for the correct work of SQLBackupAndFTP you have to have a stable internet connection otherwise the software switches back to the free edition.

Could you please clarify, do you use proxy and cannot find the way how to set it or you do not use a proxy?

If you use a proxy server then please add the appropriate settings at the “Proxy Settings” window (“Tools” > “Proxy Settings…”).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

We dont use proxy but I am trying to see if they can enable access to only the web server (website) that you need to validate the licence everyday.

Can you give me the name of your web server that the software uses to validate the license?

The error that I get is trying to access this link :
https://api.sqlbak.com/Client/Sbf/SbfAccount.svc/secure

Please do let me know

Thanks
Vijith

Hi Vijith,

Thanks for the details. Could you please make sure that you can access to https://api.sqlbak.com/

Hello Alexander,

Unfortunately on checking with the IT team, we are unable to provide internet access or access to any websites at this time due to security reasons. This is a segregated VLAN which has industrial devices on it.

Since our Client has purchased this software and we are at a very crucial stage in the project, can an exception be made to this license to have license validation every year as opposed to a daily validation?.

We do not use a proxy server and we cannot have an internet connection on this system.

If you have any other suggestions to make this work, it would be much appreciated if not we will have no choice but to return the license and look for alternatives.

Please do let me know as we will have a need to download more licences for other systems down the line.

Thanks
Vijith

Hello Vijith,

Thank you for the details. Sorry, but for the correct work of SQLBackupAndFTP you have to have a stable internet connection, without the internet connection you can use only Free edition.

Thanks Alexander. If I were to use the free edition, there is a limitation of 2 DB’s. Does this mean I can only schedule backup/restore of 2 Databases simultaneously and after the backup/restore procedure is complete I can schedule a new backup?

-Vijith

Hi Vijith,

With SQLBackupAndFTP Free edition you can backup according to the schedule only 2 databases. There is no option to set a schedule for a restore job, manually you can restore any number of databases.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks Alexander. Unfortunately since this does not suit our requirement , we would like to return the license. Could you please advice on the procedure to return the license. It was purchased by our client on April 3rd.

Appreciate your prompt response

Thanks
Vijith

Hi Vijith,

Sure, we can issue a refund, please contact our support team to proceed it support@sqlbackupandftp.com