Several Issues in new Version

Firstly, after importing previous backup jobs the FTP connection tests now fail, all seems set correct. Tells me it can’t find a test file. A simple backup to a mapped network drive and folder no longer works. Local C: folder succeeds. Tried both with and without full path, with and without network login details. Application is littered with spelling mistakes.

Wondering if it’s possible to easily go back to previous version

1 Like

Given the amount of testing we had on this version, there is no way it would fail because of the bugs in such basic scenarios. Could you give us more details about these errors? Spelling mistakes will be corrected within a week, our apologies.

The issue with backing up to a drive I have solved. Even though the machine had v10 running on it for a while with no password required, V11 needed an account from the target machine and password. Tried running in admin and normal mode, both needed it. So that’s fine.

On the FTP front I still can’t get it working. I can enter the path, user and password into a browser on the same machine and it works. In SBF I get a can’t find SqlBakFileTest.bak error. I’ve been to the temp directory under windows where it looks, the file appears during the test but then disappears and then gives the error. I’ve tried with an without path info, with path info in the FPT url etc. Tried a new job and with the original job imported (which put the path info in other the URL and the FTP settings area.

Thanks for all your help. p.s. on the plus front the emailed logs are now much more informative and readable and the new UI is excellent :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve forwarded to dev team, they will contact you on Friday

To investigate this case we need more information. Could you please save the NLog.config file (which you can download by the following link https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw380o7t973j5yc/NLog.config?dl=0 ) into the application’s folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP, restart SQLBackupAndFTP application and SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) Windows service, then run the backup job again, and send us all files from C:\Log\SBF folder after this error.

To make it private, please send a file to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

1 Like

Having similar issues, I emailed my log file in about an hour ago. Please investigate. I am unable to backup my database even though the configuration set up say that the connection tests just fine. Getting used to the new environment. But also had issues importing job file, it would not. Even after the app installed.

Could you please pass the same steps as described above.

I just emailed both to you.

Thanks, we’ll check it as soon as possible.

Downloaded the XML and I can’t find the path you so to put it in. There is nothing under the Pranas.NET folder in program files

Put in installation directory, logged produced in mail soon.

Hi,

Please save this file to C:\Program Files (x86)\SQLBackupAndFTP folder.

Thank you, we’ll check this issue as soon as possible.

Sorry, but we haven’t received any email from you. Could you please send it again?

Hi.
It seems the issue is related to your network environment or firewall settings.
Please note, SQLBackupAndFTP application can’t connect to your FTP server with passive mode.

2017-07-03 14:32:06.5423|TRACE|12|Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Destination.Ftp.Impl.FtpConnection|FtpClientOnCommandSent. Command: “PASV”
2017-07-03 14:32:06.5676|TRACE|12|Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Destination.Ftp.Impl.FtpConnection|FtpClientOnResponseRead. Response: “227 Entering Passive Mode (XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX,XXX).”
2017-07-03 14:32:27.6155|ERROR|12|Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Destination.Ftp.Impl.FtpFileHandler|FtpUploadFile|Rebex.Net.FtpException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> Rebex.Net.ProxySocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:62755

As a workaround, you can also try to use active mode for the FTP destination.

However I can connect to the FTP location via any of three browsers and CuteFTP using exactly the same credentials from the same machine. So it’s not network or firewall. I have tried active and passive and the old version of SBAF works fine.

As an experiment I just tried deleting the job entirely and starting from scratch (originally I imported previous versions job). Now if I set the FTP to active mode it works. So that’s good. However odd that it needs it in this version and not the previous one…

I disabled the Encryption option and turned on the check sum and the back up is running as expected. I will continue testing now.

An additional note, I had to UNCHECK “Place the backups for each database into its own subfolder” With this option selected the back fails every time.

Thank you for the feedback, we’ll check the issue related to “Place the backups for each database into its own subfolder” option.

1 Like

To investigate this case we need more information. Could you please save the NLog.config file (which you can download by the following link https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw380o7t973j5yc/NLog.config?dl=01 ) into the application’s folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP, restart SQLBackupAndFTP application and SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) Windows service, then run the backup job again, and send us all files from C:\Log\SBF folder after this error.

To make it private, please send a file to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

1 Like