Service issue when trying to start for the first time

Hi,

I have just installed SQLBackup And FTP on our server with Windows Server 2008. It was an update from an old and free version of the software which was working perfectly. I also purchased the Lite version and already got the license number.The fact is that I cannot run it. There is message saying that the “Windows Service has stopped”. I tried to restart but with no success. I found the following message In the Windows event log: “There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. > The pipe endpoint ‘net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config’ could not be found on your local machine.” Could you please help me? Thanks!

Hello Carlos_Bettega,

Thank you for the details.

Could you please tell us do you use any software that is responsible for the security like antivirus or profiler? If yes, please add SQLBackupAndFTP to its exception list.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Alexander!

Thanks for your reply.

I’m using ESET File Security 7. I had added both folder and .exe files to the exception list and it didn’t work. When I try to reiniciate the service, the following message appears in the cmd “[SC] StartService FAILED 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”

Any tip regarding that?

Thank you!

Just an addicional information: I have installed the version 10 and it works like a charm.

Hi Carlos_Bettega,

Thank you for your reply and for the details.

Could you please try to run SQLBackupAndFTP as a process. You can do it in the following way:

1. Run Command Line and go to the directory where SQLBackupAndFTP is installed
  2. Run sqlbak.service.exe -console (Do not press “Any Key”).

If you get any error messages please send us a screenshot of them.

To run SQLBackupAndFTP and tune a backup job, please execute sbf.application.exe -ignoreStatusService

If it works, please add sqlbak.service.exe -console into the Windows Scheduler.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Alexander.

I did exactly what you asked for and it worked.
Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,
Carlos

Hi Carlos,

That’s great! Thank you for your reply.

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

I am having the same issue. Here is the result of running the app from command line like you suggested to Carlos.

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. —> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.116.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler.CreateDbConnectionEx()
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler.UpdateDatabase()
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler.UpdateDatabaseToLastVersion(DatabaseHandler databaseHandler)
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.DatabaseHandler…ctor(Nullable1 pooling, Nullable1 maxPoolSize)
at Net.Pranas.SqlBak.Context.Context.Data.ContextDatabaseHandler…ctor(ContextHandler handler)
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext.get_IsLocal()
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext.get_AccountContentService()
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.b__0(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs args)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at Pranas.Net.SqlBak.Service.Context.ServiceContext.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.b__1(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs args)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Hello IAN_ALEC_DALRYMPLE,

For some reason, the System.Data.SQLite assembly was not installed. Please download the latest version from the Download page and try the installation again.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.