Select Databases Login Failed

I have been using the product for well over two years and this has all of a sudden come up. I have SQLBackupAndFTP on a central server that connects to a few MS SQL servers in the same network. I set these up as Local SQL Server and could connect and load the databases. I tried adding a new MS SQL server the same way and the test the connection which is fine. When I go to select the databases I get an error stating login failed for user DOMAIN\Server-Name$. The Server-Name$ is the name of the server I am running SQLBackupAndFTP from. This is happening on all MS SQL servers all of a sudden. I am running version 11.7.3 and checked for updates but it said there was none.

I also tried connecting to these servers a Remote SQL Server and it fails instantly. I am not on the same network as these MS SQL Servers but I can connect to said MS SQL Servers via SSMS. I am at a bit of a loss and looking for some help.

Hi Robert,

To investigate this case we need more details. Could you please enable the advanced logs, open “Connect to Server” window and click the “Test” button, then reproduce the issue and send logs to our dev team to check them. Here are more details on how to do it: https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/how-to-send-log-to-developers

Also, could you please export your backup job settings and send them to us? You can do it by clicking “Tools” > “Configuration manager…” > “Export”.

To make your backup job settings private, please send them to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

Please let us know when the logs will be sent.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alexander,

Thank you for the reply. I have sent the logs to the developers and sending the configuration file via email right now.

Hi Robert,

We have checked your log and backup configurations and found out that you use Windows Authentication to connect to your SQL Server. Could you please specify your User Name with the domain like Domain\UserName. If it doesn’t help please try to connect to your SQL Server using SQL Server Authentication.

Alexander,

I tried the Domain\Username and got the same error. When I switched to SQL Authentication it allowed me to list the databases. I am happy it is working but any indication as to why the Windows Authentication would have caused the database listing to fail?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the details. Please give us some time to check this issue.

Hi Robert,

Could you please clarify are you able to connect to your SQL Server via SQL Server Management Studio using Windows Authentication? If yes, could you please use the same User Name with the Domain as you use during the connection via SSMS.

If you still cannot connect please send us the advanced logs again.

Alexander,

I did confirm I was able to connect to any of the SQL servers via SSMS using Windows Authentication before I posted this issue.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the logs, we have checked them and found out that you have specified username without the domain, please try to specify your username with the domain like DomainName\UserName if you still receive this issue, please send us logs again.