Scheduled backup and the end of each month

Hi all together,

I am using the latest version (11.7.1) of SQLBackupAndFTP.
Now I am setting up several scheduled backup plans.

My problem: I’d like to create a backup plan that creates a backup at the first day of every month at 3 am in the morning.

So, the backup needs to be performed at every 1st of each month. But sadly I only see the possibility to perform a backup each X hours. But that doesn’t help me as a month always has different days (28, 30, 31), so counting in hours doesn’t help.

Any Ideas? How can I solve that problem? It is absolutely necessary that I have a full backup on every 1st day of the month.

My current workaround: daily backups. Okay, I already do that but I’d like to have monthly ones as well.

Thank you for your help!
Thomas

Hello,

Yes, with the help of “Advanced backup Schedule” you can specify the time interval only in hours, but you can run SQLBackupAndFTP from a command prompt and use Windows Scheduler. Please find more details at https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/run-sqlbackupandftp-v11-command-line

Thank you for your help, I will consider that.

No problem, please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

Sure, thank you! Maybe such other time-plans would be a nice feature for further versions. Most common are I think monthly and yearly backups :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback and for the feature request.

1 Like

Hello
For my part i try to setup Daily, Weeky, monthly and Yearly backup.
For Daily and Weekly tools parameters is soeasy to use.

However, for the monthly and the yearly I couldn’t find a satisfactory solution without adding a shell script.
It’s a pity, I also hope that these features will be added in the next releases.

Let see.

1 Like

Hi Yves_MALATESTA,

Thank you for the details and for the feature request, we’ve forwarded it to our dev team for consideration.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like