Same server multiple user names

I have a server with multiple domains using a shared ip address. When I add a new job and enter a new user name (same ip) it seems to overwrite the previous entry. Then when the new job runs it will not connect. I get a “1044 error, access denied” -because it’s trying to use another job’s credentials. I am using the “connect to MYSQL server tcp/ip” option

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the details, please give us some time to check this issue and to found a workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have the same issue.
My current workaround is to use different aliasses: The IP, different domain names for the same IP etc.
But I’d like to request a feature to add username/password in the “select database” pane.

Hi,

Thank you for your waiting.

We have added an option to connect to your MySQL Server databases using different credentials. Could you please download the following release and test it https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha

To specify different credentials please specify Server name like:

localhost /* first user */

localhost /* second user */

localhost /* third user */

and use different credentials.

Currently, that option is in alpha and works only for MySQL Server, but we have in our plans to add this to another servers’ types.

1 Like

After installing the latest version, all of my backups stopped working. (see other threads) I have downgraded to 12.0.04 and now working again. I’ll wait until I hear this topic (multiple servers) are supported before upgrading. I appreciate the effort guys.

Hi Hatbox,

Could you please clarify what exactly error messages have you received?

Hello, we have the same problem. Are there any news concerning this issue?

Hello,

Could you please clarify what exact error message do you get?

We were just wondering if there is a solution to the problem which isn’t still in alpha, and if not, how soon we can expect it.

Hi gesagt.getan,

We need to know what problem did you have, to reply to your question. Could you please clarify it?

We have the same problem as Hatbox in their original post: We want to have several backup jobs with the same domain but different username and password, which currently isn’t possible because changing the username/password of one job automatically changes the username/password of all other jobs with the same domain.

We are currently only using this product to backup a single database. (out of 5) Until we see the support for multiple users/accounts we’re going to hold off on any renewal options. This feature was working in the older version of the MySqlBackup FTP software. I’m kind of sorry we upgraded, we lost the functionality of what we needed it to do.

Hi guys,

We have added this option to the latest releases.

To specify different credentials for one MySQL Server connection please specify Server name like:

localhost /* any description of the connection */

localhost /* connection for the second user */

localhost /* any other connection */

and use different credentials.

Currently, that option works only for MySQL Server, but we have in our plans to add this to another servers’ types.

1 Like

Thank you, this worked perfectly in the version we are currently using (12.1.3).

Good news! Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

Hi,

I have the same problem in version 12.2.1. I was unable to configure the tool as explained above. Can you help me?

Thanks!

Hi Camila_Bastos,

Please make sure you have specified your server’s name like

localhost /* any description of the connection */

where:

localhost - is your server’s name
/* any description of the connection */ - any description to identify your server

I cannot get tis to work for Remote MS SQL. Was it ever implemented for MSSQL?

Hi Mike_Balog,

Currently, that option is available only for MySQL and PostgreSQL Servers. But we plan to add this option for MSSQL Server also.

I have a server with multiple domains using a shared same ip address on (different users). When I add a new job and enter a new user name (same ip) it seems to overwrite the previous entry. Then when the new job runs it will not connect. I get a “1044 error, access denied” -because it’s trying to use another job’s credentials. I am using the “connect to MYSQL server tcp/ip” option
one is working another .
The system is taking the the first user name and password for the previous domain and task instead of taking different user info

Any suggestions?

i try install alfa version on previous version still also is not working
can you help to me if you have solution