S3 "The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided"

“The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.” This started on all S3 destination backups two days ago. Nothing here has changed, both with the databases locally and the security on S3. All our other applications that upload to S3 work fine.

Hello Max,

To resolve the issue, we need more details from you. Could you please enable the advanced log with the “Trace” level, reproduce the problem, and send the logs to our development team? You can find more information on how to do this at https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/how-to-send-log-to-devel.

Please be aware that with the “Trace” level, the log may contain your passwords. Before sending the log to the development team, please open it using any text editor and remove any sensitive information that you wish to keep private. You can find the log files by clicking the “Open folder” link in the “Advanced Log” window (“Tools” > “Advanced Log…”).

Once you have sent the log, please notify us and provide us with your App ID (“Help” > “About”).

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I have sent the log to developers and I just did it again today. The app ID is: 9ab68280-2f9b-4efe-8f04-9b4a8b31f6b5

Thanks,
Max

Hello Max,

Thank you for your reply and for providing the details.

To resolve the issue, please download and install the latest version of SQLBackupAndFTP.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you for using SQLBackupAndFTP.

Thanks for the response. I installed the latest version - 12.7.18 - and the issue remains exactly the same. I sent the log to developers. Application ID: 9ab68280-2f9b-4efe-8f04-9b4a8b31f6b5

Hello Max,

Thank you for your response and for providing the details.

We are actively working on resolving the issue. As soon as we have any updates, we will notify you.

Thank you, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Hello Max,

Thank you for your patience.

We have noticed that you specified your bucket name incorrectly. Could you please enter only your bucket name in the “Bucket” field and the folder name in the “Path” field within the advanced settings?

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you for using SQLBackupAndFTP.

This worked. Thanks!

Hello Max,

Good news! Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.