Pricing structure

How is the pricing structure working with this application?
We have 50 SQL instances but I would like to back them up from a “central server” to Azure blob storage.
Would this mean that I have to purchase 50 applications (50 x $399) or a single application purchase be enough where I can then add all the SQL instances to?

Thanks,
Arturs.

Hi Arturs,

The price is per server. If you have 50 databases on a server it’s enough to purchase one license but if you have 50 servers with 1 database on each you need to purchase 50 licenses. If you buy more than 20 licenses you will get 30% discount, also if you have only 1 database per server you can buy “Pro 1 DB” license which is only $20 (before discount).

So for 50 instances, it will be $875 with early full-service subscription included.

Mike

Thanks Mikhail,

So we have a lot of instances and all of them have 10+ databases.
We don’t want to install application on all of those servers, we simply want to install it on a single “master” server and then add remote instances to the applications to handle those backups to Azure Blob.

Would this still require multiple licenses if there is only a single application instance running?

Thanks,
Arturs.

Hi Arturs,

Yes, it would, since we count server instances where SQL Servers are installed. But the main problem is that if you want to backup remote SQL Server instances using SqlBackupAndFtp then you’ll get SQL-script instead or ordinary .bak file. We recommend using this mode in special cases only.

If you need to control backups of several remote servers from one place then I suggest you take a look at https://sqlbak.com/, the SAAS version of SqlBackupAndFtp. It was designed exactly for this purpose.

Mike