Please Ability to CLONE/Duplicate JOBs

Please Ability to CLONE/Duplicate JOBs

3 Likes

Hello Juan_Cosme,

Thank you for your feature request, we’ve forwarded it to our dev team for consideration.

Thank you.

Any feedback to this feature?

Hi Johan_vd_Westhuizen,

Thank you for the feature request. Sorry, but for now there is no way to do it with SQLBackupAndFTP, perhaps that option will be added in the future. Keep for updates. :blush:

Hello guys,

Could you please let us know, do you prefer to clone the jobs on one computer or from one computer to another?

Thank you!

I just struggled over this feature request while looking for some information about this function after finding no such option in SBF.

For me, it would be more interesting to export & import job definitions to move them to a different server.

But, also cloning a job locally to do some tests or for easy setup of a similar backup job sounds like a good thing to me.

Bfn, Konrad

Hi Konrad_Ruess,

If you prefer to export/import job configurations to move them to a different server you can use Configuration Manager (“Tools” > “Configuration Manager”).

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestion, Alexander.

By doing so, it would transfer the complete SBF config from server to server.

If only one/few jobs need to be transfered and maybe to an up and running SBF instance, that would not be achievable this way.

BfN, Konrad

Hi Konrad_Ruess,

Thank you for the clarification. Your request has been forwarded to our dev team for consideration.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

I totally agree with Konrad_Ruess.
I had to setup 5 jobs to backup 5 databases from the same server to the same directory for “customer satisfaction”, and it was tedious to repeat the same process over and over.

A little click on a “clone” icon would be appreciable.

I’m aware that, for security concerne, password and login should be removed from the clone, but, it would be faster to enter these information instead of redo all the job.

Regards, Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the feature request, it is still under the consideration.

Thank you for using SQLBackupAndFTP.

Any news on this feature ?? this could be a HUGE time save when having to configure JOBS for same server, backup up multiple DB’s or Instances

Hi Nicolas_Payet,

Thank you for your request. Sorry, but that option is still unavailable for SQLBackupAndFTP. We’ve forwarded your request to our dev team.

Thank you for using SQLBackupAndFTP.