Password protect console

I may have missed this, but is there a way to password protect the console? If a hacker got access to a server with the console installed they could delete all of the remote backup files via the console… A password on the console would help protect remote backup files from deletion.

1 Like

Hi Spencer_Schultz,

There is no way to remove the backups via the console. Also, but there is no way to set a password, but thank you for the feature request, we’ve forwarded it to our dev team for consideration.

We’d like this feature as well, we had a complain with a customer of ours because one user managed to change the settings of the FTP destination server. It would be very useful to have a password to lock backup settings!

Hope it will be implemented soon.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Andrea_Di_Martino,

Thank you for your feature request, but sorry, currently we do not have any plans to add this option.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We’d like this feature as well, we had a complain with a customer of ours because one user managed to change the settings of the FTP destination server. It would be very useful to have a password to lock backup settings!

I was deciding to buy but, when I noticed that anyone can change the password, I decided to postpone the purchase. I think it is important because it is a commercial software that I will place on a client to prevent access to the data structure. I had a case of passing on the data to a competitor.

Hi AFONSO_CELSO_DA_SILV,

Thank you for the details, we’ll consider it.

Hello Alexander,

is there any way to protect the programm with password.
Because everybody who opens the programm can restore the backup or can create a new backup job. Because the credentials are saved in the programm.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, we do not plan to add this option at this time, but we may consider adding it again in the future.