I am a newbie and am using the trial version. I seem to have no problem making the backups with SQLBackupandFTP. I hope I never have to restore but want to be sure I can do it should the need arise. I read somewhere on your site that suggests using a professional. But I want to learn how to do this myself. Besides, what if the “professional” is not familiar with your product? They could screw it up too.
How do you suggest I can test this? For example:
- Create a new database called Test-db
- Create a Restore Job in SQLBackupandFTP
- In “Take backups from” select a real database backup that SQLBackupandFTP backed up previously
- Select databases to restore: Test-db
- Restore to Microsoft SQL Server (local)
- Click Run Now
I would ‘think’ that doing it this way, I could not screw-up my real databases. Do you have any comments on this? If I see that the Test-db now has the same contents as the real database, then I will have full confidence in using SqlBackupAndFtp.