Mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW BINARY LOG STATUS'

Currently running into error using mysqlbackupandftp version 12.7.22 in testing. I am connecting to MySQL version 8.0.32 and trying to run full and incremental backups with binlogs running. Running into error on execute “SHOW BINARY LOG STATUS”. It looks like this does not exist in 8.0.32 until 8.2. Do I have to upgrade the database to version 8.2 or higher or do you have older version of backup software that I can test with this version of MySQL?

Hello Adam_Ouellette,

We have made some improvements to the Alpha edition. Could you please install it from here and check if the issue is resolved for you?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for using SQLBackupAndFTP, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello Alexander. I have run into the same issue with new version installed. I think this has to do with the MySQL call happening and might have to just look at upgrading the version of MySQL unless the correct call can be made to MySQL for version 8.0.

ERROR INFO:
4/17/2024 9:11:54 AM
Warning: A partial dump from a server that has GTIDs will by default include the GTIDs of all transactions, even those that changed suppressed parts of the database. If you don’t want to restore GTIDs, pass --set-gtid-purged=OFF. To make a complete dump, pass --all-databases --triggers --routines --events.
mysqldump: Couldn’t execute ‘SHOW BINARY LOG STATUS’: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘LOG STATUS’ at line 1 (1064)

Hello Adam_Ouellette,

Could you please confirm whether you had the opportunity to update your MySQL Server to version 8.2 and check if the issue has been resolved?

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you and apologies for the inconvenience.

At this time, I have not. The product we are using is running MySQL server version 8.0 and its integrated, so upgrading is not all that easy. We are looking into it and seeing how we can do it.

Hello Adam_Ouellette,

We have made some enhancements to the latest version. Could you please upgrade to version 12.7.23 and verify if it meets your requirements?

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.