License invalid after upgrade from 11.1.18 to 11.2

i purchased a license for the Lite version in July, 2017, and installed the current version then (11.2?). In September, the system began to fail on backups. upon investigating, I found the license key was no longer in the system. When entering the license key (from July), the system says the license in not valid for version 11.2. The license was for version 11. Why must I upgrade the license(and pay again) to go from one point release to the next? Why does the license key from July no longer work?

Thanks for your response.

You may not need to pay again depending on the plan you purchased. Go to the web site and request a new license.
Login and go the MyAccount page, you can download the current license there.

Let me just add that the life time subscription is well worth it.

Hello,

It seems you have purchased SQLBackupAndFTP version 11 without one-year Full-Service subscription. It means that you have only one-month Full-Service subscription which is expired.

Your license never expires and you can use the version you’ve purchased forever. However zero-config email service for sending backup notifications, free updates, Web Log and support is part of the optional Full-Service subscription and requires a yearly recurring fee.

Please find more details at: https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/full-service-subscription