Installing "SQLBackupAndFTP Client Service" fails

During the installation of SQLBackupAndFTP 12.6.14, the following output is shown:

2022_02_28_13_42_34_SQLBackupAndFTP_12.6.14_Setup

Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Indeed, services.msc only lists two services: Database Backup and WatchDog

How to fix this?

Hi Markus_Nissl,

To investigate this case we need more details. Could you please check your Windows Event Log are there any error messages related to SQLBackupAndFTP?

If yes, please provide us with the details.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, you can reproduce this error message on a fresh installation of Windows 10/11.

BUT: I guess it ain’t an error eventually because your setup program tries to open the service which has not yet been installed. Hence, the error message that the given service name is not an installed service is correct … hence, your program continues by running “CreateService”.

Hi Markus_Nissl,

Thank you for your reply.

Perhaps, an issue occurs when trying to create a service. We can confirm that we have a lot of installations - and there are no problems with it.

Yes, we are trying to create a service before we run it.

Could you please check your Windows Event Log, perhaps there you can find some errors in creating the service?

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Before creating the service, your software tests whether the service is present. That’s why you call OpenService. If the service isn’t installed yet, OpenService fails of course. Only then you will install the service by calling CreateService.

Hi Markus_Nissl,

Thank you for the details.

I have the same error in a new server machine.
I didn’t undestand solution.

You can ignore the error message … as it is not an issue.