FTP Upload slow in trial version

Hi,

I’m currently testing Sql Backup And Ftp with the 14 day trial version (version 12.2.9 Professional Trial).
When uploading to my FTP Server I only get about 10MB/s, the destination download is 200MBit/s.
When using the Windows Explorer or WinSCP to transfer files to the same FTP Server I get the full speed (about 22-24MB/s).

Is there a limitation in the trial version? I have not set any speed limits etc. in the FTP Connection.

Best wishes
Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Sorry, but no, this isn’t Trial version restriction. For the correct work with FTP, we use Rebex FTP libraries, it seems they are not fast enough. We can recommend you to try to send backups to FTP with the different settings or try yo use SFTP.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Christoph

I only just found SQL BackupAndFTP and I think it’s absolutely fantastic! I’ve been messing about for years with running SQL Commands and VBScript to compress and archive database backups, it’s been a non-stop nuisance, your software is just what I needed.

However, I am also facing the same issue, extremely slow FTP transfer to remote destination, it’s been running for well over two hours now when the same 7z-compressed file which is only 1.15 GB would usually take approx 5 minutes to download with FileZilla Client (to my local PC). On the destination server, which is a VPS, FileZilla Server is showing the file transfer running at average speed of 207 KiB/s. I checked my SBAF settings for FTP Transfer, it’s set to FTP (standard) protocol and “use large buffers”. I’m using your latest version, 12.7.10, which I just downloaded yesterday.

Is there anything I can do to improve the transfer speed?

Hi Miles_404,

Unfortunately, there is no way to do it. Sorry, but we do not have any successful case - when it was possible to increase the speed. If there were such cases, we would make this setting the default.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

A congested network is one of the biggest reasons for a slow FTP speed. Your WLAN or LAN (and Internet gateway) serves too many devices that generate large amounts of traffic, which ultimately eat away your bandwidth and cause delays.

Hi Jameswalter,

Thank you for the details!