FTP backup auto delete issue

Hi

on the new versio of SqlBackupAndFtp there is a bug. I have set auto delete to 2 days and its not doing the auto deletion for me and I have to manually log into the FTP server and delete the files. Is there a fix for this?

Hello,

We have checked this issue. Auto delete option in SQLBackupAndFTP version 11 works properly.

Currently, there is no way to delete old backups that were made via SQLBackupAndFTP version 10 with the help of auto delete option in SQLBackupAndFTP version 11.

Hi Alexander,

I have updated the Sqlbackupandftp to version 11 and its not auto deleting correctly. I have set my auto delete to two days.

Please make sure that you apply “Auto delete” option to backups which were made by SQLBackupAndFTP version 11, not version 10.

This is an oversight. No promises, but we will try to make a fix that would allow v11 auto-delete backups created in the previous versions.

I have the issue on V11 and its still having the same issue. The backups was made on V11 as well.

Could you please clarify, do you receive any error messages?

No Error Messages on the local server the backups are seem to be deleting fine but on the FTP server its not deleting at all

To investigate this case we need more information. Could you please save the NLog.config file (which you can download by the following link https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw380o7t973j5yc/NLog.config?dl=01 ) into the application’s folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP, restart SQLBackupAndFTP application and SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) Windows service, then run the backup job again, and send us all files from C:\Log\SBF folder after this error.

To make it private, please send a file to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

Hi,

Currently, we are working to redesign “Auto delete” option, so this issue will be fixed in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Alex,

When is the next released going to come out?

Hello,

We have just released SQLBackupAndFTP Version: 11.2.3 where this issue is resolved. Could you please update your version and check if it solves the issue. You can do it by clicking “Help” > “Check for Update…”.

We’re on v12.5.13 and experiencing the same issue. It worked for a couple of months and then stopped.

Hello Jacques_van_der_Hove,

To investigate this case we need more details. Could you please provide us with your Advanced Log? Here are more details on how to do it How to send Log to developers | SQLBackupAndFTP's blog

Please notify us if the logs will be sent.

Sorry for the inconvenience.