Free version not sending email notifications

The “compare versions” page on the website says that the Free Version can send email notifications. However, my trial period ended (changing me to the Free version) but now I am getting messages that “The automatic email notification is not available in the Free edition”.

So which is it. Are email notifications available in the free version as the website says, or are they not available. Or am I missing something here.

Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide.

Hi Tom_Francis,

To receive the notifications in auto mode, you have to have an active Full-Service subscription, otherwise, you have to config your own SMTP Server. Please find more details at How to send SQL Backup confirmations through my GMail, Hotmail or Yahoo account – SQLBackupAndFTP's blog

More details about the subscription can be found at Why do you need the Full-Service subscription? – SQLBackupAndFTP's blog

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you!

Thank you for your response. I eventually figured it out with help from the following post:

I also added additional detail to that post for others that may be having the same issue.

Thanks

Hi Tom_Francis,

Good news! Thank you for the update!