Error with Large Files to Wasabi

Started getting this message on June 2nd when uploading to Wasabi using the S3 compatible. Worked fine for months with no changes prior to this problem starting. Currently on 12.5.13. Had it set to 6 threads but lowered it to 4 but still having issues. It will upload files less than 100Mb in size but the larger ones are failing.

6/4/2021 7:15:02 AM [Warning] Destination error: One or more errors occurred. > Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

6/4/2021 8:12:34 AM [Error] Destination error: Failed to upload “E:\SQLFTPBackup\Pranas.NET\SBF\1ea7b5d7-912a-4376-a784-7a07b7022863\backup\xxxxxxxxx6040640fullcopy.bak” file to “Spectrum” folder. > One or more errors occurred. > Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I was able to get it working again by removing the S3 compatible - Wasabi setup then create a S3 custom setup. The custom setup allows you to change the endpoint URL. Wasabi uses a different URL for each region. The S3 compatible - Wasabi option doesn’t allow you to modify the endpoint URL (may want to change that in a future release).

Here is the list of URLs for Wasabi regions.
https://wasabi-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015106031-What-are-the-service-URLs-for-Wasabi-s-different-storage-regions-

Hi Albert Archangel,

Thank you for the details. We’ll check it and consider how to improve SQLBackupAndFTP.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

I have the exact same problem - which started on June 2nd also. I am going to try your solution of using an S3 custom configuration, instead of the named Wasabi one. I’ll confirm if it worked for me too.

Was there a SQL Backup and FTP software update on or around June 2nd? Maybe its just an issue w/ the hard coded wasabi URL like you say. I need western region.

Just a quick update - the solution of deleting the S3 Compatible - Wasabi, and replacing it with an S3 Compatible - custom, worked for me also.

Thank you for posting your solution.

Hi Matthew_Ferry,

Thank you for the details. No, we haven’t changed anything, but, it seems, Wasabi apparently made some minor changes. In the next update, we will add the ability to set a custom endpoint for Wasabi.

Sorry for the inconvenience.