ERROR: Failed to backup database with "Full" backup type: : Type '' cannot be

Hello,
I just installed the trial version of SQLBackupAndFTP (v12.0.4, Professional Trial) and when I run a backup, it fails with the following details. ERROR: Failed to backup “###” database with “Full” backup type: Type ‘’ cannot be . I do not understand this error.

Additional details about the installation:

• The software is installed on the same machine as the database server
  • The database is MS SQL Server 2016
  • The server is Windows Server 2012
  • The database username and password configured in the software is valid. When I run a test in the “Connect to Server” screen it passes.
  • The network location and username where the .BAK file is delivered is valid. When I run a test in the “Local/Network Folder…” screen it passes.

The full log is below. Please note I masked the server and database name.

Backup Job - 1 backup has failed

Summary (Failed)
Job: Backup Job - 1
Computer: ####
Date: 12/13/2018 1:00:02 AM
Backup type: Full
Backup archive size: 0B
Database count: 0
Data_Mart_Staging Full backup: failed
Next backup: 12/14/2018 1:00:00 AM - Full
Detailed Log:
• 1:00:02 AM : Starting scheduled job "Backup Job - 1 " - “Full”. Computer “####”. App v.“12.0.4”
• 1:00:02 AM : Connecting to SQL Server: 2016 SP1 Standard Edition (64-bit).####
• 1:00:02 AM : The backup folder “F:\MSSQL\Backup” has “498.058GB” free space. The temporary folder “C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SYSTEM\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP\backup” has “28.387GB” free space
• 1:00:02 AM : Backing up “####” SQL Server databases
• 1:00:02 AM : Getting maximum file size…
• 1:00:02 AM : The maximum file size: “”
• 1:00:02 AM : Backing up “###” database to .bak file. Backup type: “Full”. Checksum: “Disabled”
• 1:00:05 AM : Verifying “###” database backup
• 1:00:05 AM : ERROR: Failed to backup “###” database with “Full” backup type: Type ‘’ cannot be .
• 1:00:05 AM : Cleaning up backups of "Backup Job - 1 " job
• 1:00:06 AM : ERROR: Job "Backup Job - 1 " finished with “1” errors

UPDATE: I unchecked “Verify After Backup” in the Backup Options and it worked.

Hi Mark_Dolente,

Thanks for the details. The issue was that the user from behalf you run the backups doesn’t have enough permissions to run the following command:

RESTORE VERIFYONLY FROM DISK = @PathToBackup

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

I had the same error even if I uncheck “Verify After Backup”. How to resolve this error ?

Hi Wyzdev,

Could you please make sure that the user from behalf you run the backups has enough permissions to run the following command:

RESTORE VERIFYONLY FROM DISK = @PathToBackup

Also, please make sure you use SQLBackupAndFTP version 12.1.3 https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download

Sorry for the inconvenience.