Error: DatabaseName field can't has null value

Hi,

I have SQLBackUpAndFTP running on several web servers, backing up MSSQL Express databases to Amazon S3 Storage. The back-ups work okay — I can see the files in the various S3 buckets.

However, I’ve just tried to restore several of the databases from the various buckets to a local SQL Server Express instance running on my dev machine and all of them fail with the error: “DatabaseName field can’t has null value”.

Could anyone suggest why this is happening please and how I can get restore to work?

Many thanks

I’ve enabled advanced logging but am struggling to unpick anything in there (there’s a lot of log data!). Could anyone advise where to start here because at the moment this is a bit of a showstopper. The databases from the back-up can be manually restored in SSMS so it seems that they’re okay — there are too many to do manually though so I really need to try to automate this. Thanks for any pointers.

Hello Dan,

To resolve the issue, we need more details. Could you please provide us with the Advanced Log How to send Log to developers | SQLBackupAndFTP’s blog

Once the log will be sent, please notify us and provide with your App ID (“Help” > “About”).

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ah-ha! It looks like it was restoring to a different version of SQL Server. I’ve ensured that both the backed-up SQL Server and restoration SQL Server are the same versions and the restore completes successfully.

Hi Dan,

Good news! Thank you for your reply.

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.