ERROR: Database scripting failed > Script failed for Database 'master'

Hi
We’re using SQLBackupAndFTP successfully since a long time (Version 10.0.8.29451) on Windows 8.1. Now I’ve moved a MS-SQL Database to an higher MS-SQL Version on an other new Database (MS-SQL Express). We’ve done this successfully with an productive Database which runs perfect with this version of SQLBackupAndFTP with no problems. So I’ve made a copy of this successfull job and saved it as the “SQLBackupAndFTP-Job for Development” and I’ve changed the Database and the Destination.

On a DB Copy of this productive Database which we’re running for our development we see now the following error messages in the Log File:

ETAILED LOG:
01/24/2019 07:54:50 Creating backup of master to C:\Users\AVM_LO~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP\kk12rm55 (using scripting)
01/24/2019 07:54:50 Creating master001.sql
01/24/2019 07:54:50 Scripting the database with MS SMO
01/24/2019 07:54:52 Prefetching database objects
01/24/2019 07:54:52 Scripting database creation
01/24/2019 07:54:52 Scripting roles and users
01/24/2019 07:54:52 Scripting database permissions
01/24/2019 07:54:52 ERROR: Database scripting failed > Script failed for Database ‘master’. > Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index
01/24/2019 07:54:52 ERROR: Database scripting failed > Script failed for Database ‘master’. > Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: index

SqlBackupAndFtp 10.0.8.29451 Standard (started manually) at VS-004 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0) (.NET: 2.0.50727.4927, 3.0.30729.4926, 3.5.30729.4926, 4.6.1055, 4.0.0.0)

Strange is that a manual SQL-Backup-Job trough the MS-SQL Management-Studio is running without complains or error-messages.

Creating a complete new job runs into the same errors.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Kind regards

Hi Ruedi_Neff,

Could you please try to install the latest release of SQLBackupAndFTP - version 12.1.3 and check if the issue is resolved?

You can download it at the “Download” https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download page or upgrade your current edition at your “My Account” https://sqlbackupandftp.com/account page at the “Actions” column. Please use the email address you have used to purchase SQLBackupAndFTP to log in. If the password is lost please follow this link to recover it https://sqlbackupandftp.com/RecoverPassword

Hi
Sorry for the delay. Now I’ve tested it with the latest version and it works according to this error. An other problem is now some SQL-Priviledges as it seems:

21.02.2019 10:47:34 [Error] Failed to backup “master” database with “Full” backup type: Script failed for Certificate ‘##MS_AgentSigningCertificate##’. > Script failed. > Cannot script the object with Urn=‘Server[@Name=‘1ddab51ed59b’]/Database[@Name=‘master’]/Certificate[@Name=’##MS_AgentSigningCertificate##’]’.

Do you have an idea how to “fix” this on the SQL-Server? I’ve made a special user and granted priviledges but nothing works…

Hi Ruedi_Neff,

Thanks for the details. We plan to add some changes into the next release that should resolve the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Ruedi_Neff,

We have added some changes to the Alpha version. Could you please install it https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha and disable certificates scripting option as shown on the screenshot.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your eMail. I’ve tested your Alpha-Version successfully. It looks very good.

Another question : We’re running now a old Version 10 of your product . Is there an upgrade price to get the latest versions?

Kind regards

Hi Ruedi_Neff,

Yes, you can upgrade your SQLBackupAndFTP license key from version 10 to version 12. To do it please go at your SQLBackupAndFTP My Account page and click on the “Upgrade to latest version…” link at the “Actions” column.

Please use the email address you have used to purchase SQLBackupAndFTP to sign in. If the password is lost, you can recover it at Forgotten Password Recovery page.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Hi Alexander
Thanks for your support and your informations. Now we’ve tested the latest version on our server and I’ve got the following error message:

As you advised me I’d try to deactivate the option “Script certificate” but on the latest version 12.2.3 there is no “more settings” Advanced options anymore.

Is this only on the purchased version available?
Many thanks and kind regards

Hello Ruedi_Neff,

Could you please make sure that you have downloaded and installed the Alpha version? You can download it by the following link https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha

Hi Alexander
Thanks for the information. We’ll do so and we’ll register your cool product within the next 10 days.
Kind regards

Hi Ruedi_Neff,

Good news! Thank you for your reply.

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.