Error 1227 (42000) at line 2

Hello! We have this error for the last days when trying to restore a backup to Azure from a local server backup. No parameters or settings have been changed on either of the 2 servers.

ERROR 1227 (42000) at line 2: Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation.

DEFINERS are not included in the generated script and we have tried including the –skip-comments --compact parameter in the configuration but nothing works. Any idea how to solve it?

1 Like

Having the same issue as well

Hello,

Could you please try to restore a script manually using SSMS? There you’ll be able to find more details about the operation that requires that privilege(s).

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Hello,

I’ve done the test that you mention. The problem is that when executing the backup script from a MySQL client connected to the service, it is processed correctly, without a single error in the execution. Any ideas?

Agreed, restoring the backup manually using Mysql Workbench works perfectly

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

Please give us some time to check and fix the issue. We’ll keep you updated.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Same error here. Restoring the file manually with phpAdmin works fine

Hello,

We are still working on the issue. For now, you can install the previous version Dropbox - SQLBackupAndFTPSetup.exe - Simplify your life and disable the auto-update option “Tools” > “Settings”.

Once the issue will be resolved we’ll notify you.

Hello,

Thank you for your waiting.

We have added some improvements to the Alpha edition, could you please install it https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha and check if it works for you?

Hello,

i face the same issue and i have version number 12.7.0. If i restore the db manually through MySQLWorkbench it works fine, but through your software i get the “SUPER PRIVILEGES” issue.

If i renew the license to latest one, does this include the fix of this problem?

Hello Leonidas_Papoulakis,

Could you please try to use the Alpha edition https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha and check if it works for you?

Hello,

The Alpha Version worked like a charm! Do I keep this version or I should download another one?

Hello Leonidas_Papoulakis,

Good news! Yes, you can use that version. It will be upgraded to the stable version automatically once it is released.

Thank you for using SQLBackupAndFTP.