Destination Error - Failed to upload C:\windows\system32\config

Good morning all,
I am currently using this to backup a SQL database locally to an attached external hdd and also upload them to an FTP. I am running differential backups hourly and a full backup every 10 hours. I’ve included the log below.

Here is the issue. My FULL backups work great and save to the external HDD and send via FTP. No issues here. However the differential backups save to the external HDD but it fails the FTP. So I am only getting my full backups on FTP.

A very odd issue. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hello Glen_Elder,

Could you please let us know how often do get a 550 error message? Sorry, but the error message you get is generated by your FTP Server and there is no way to resolve it via SQLBackupAndFTP.

Could you please contact your FTP Server administrator to check the issue?

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

I get the error at each differential. Every hour it backs up the differential locally and tries to ftp it. It is successful at backing it up locally but fails the ftp with the above error. The full backup runs every 10 hours and it is successful at both the local backup and sending via ftp. It doesn’t really make any sense to me at all.

Hello Glen_Elder,

SQLBackupAndFTP creates backups in the same way as you do it via SSMS. Regardless of the type of backup, they are transferred to the destination in the same way. The error message you get is generated by your FTP Server and there is nothing we can do to help.

Please contact your FTP Server administrator to check the problem.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.