Destination error: [DST-1:1001#103] Failed to connect to the Folder destination

I can run the backup manually without error but when it tries to run on schedule it fails with the following error.
ERROR: Destination error: [DST-1:1001#103] Failed to connect to the Folder destination. > [DST-1:1102#1] Failed to create folder “Z:\SQLBackups”. > Could not find a part of the path ‘Z:\SQLBackups’.
I have a mapped drive to the NAS, which is located on the local network.
When setting up the original job and the destination I browsed to the directory location to populate the destination field (z:\SQLBackups). I then clicked test connection and it failed. But, as mentioned before, I can run the job manually.
More details from the email of the failure.

• 12:49:17 AM : Connecting to Folder destination “Z:\SQLBackups”
  • 12:49:18 AM : Reading folder information by path: “Z:\SQLBackups”
  • 12:49:18 AM : Creating folder by path “Z:\SQLBackups”
  • 12:49:19 AM : WARNING: Destination error: Could not find a part of the path ‘Z:\SQLBackups’.
  • 12:49:19 AM : Trying again…
  • 12:49:20 AM : WARNING: Destination error: Could not find a part of the path ‘Z:\SQLBackups’.
  • 12:49:20 AM : Trying again…
  • 12:49:21 AM : WARNING: Destination error: Could not find a part of the path ‘Z:\SQLBackups’.
  • 12:49:21 AM : Trying again…
  • 12:49:23 AM : WARNING: Destination error: Could not find a part of the path ‘Z:\SQLBackups’.
  • 12:49:23 AM : Trying again…
  • 12:49:24 AM : ERROR: Destination error: [DST-1:1001#103] Failed to connect to the Folder destination. > [DST-1:1102#1] Failed to create folder “Z:\SQLBackups”. > Could not find a part of the path ‘Z:\SQLBackups’.

I’ve searched the “Destination Issues” support area but didn’t find anything with the 1001 destination error.

Thank you for your input!
Rich

Hi Rich,

Sorry, but we do not support a virtual mapped drive, please specify your path starting from “//”.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks for the follow up.

No problem. Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.