Database Randomly stopped showing and wont show now

I have had backups for a few days now everything was working great. Then randomly the backup started failing. Some reason my DB’s will not show inside the connection anymore.

Its across multiple DB’s, the “test connection” is always successful. Just no DB’s will show anymore.

I have tried from another PC and other hosting companies to verify its not a connection issue or firewall issue. I can login to the DB’s fine see all the databases yet the application will not show them anymore.

I figured out the issue but I don’t know a solution.

I am using multiple DB’s on the same IP address. Anytime I go to use new info on a new backup its overwriting my DB information for a different backup. It thinks its the same connection when its a different connection just the same IP.

1 Like

I found a solution for anyone who comes across this post.

For your server name you put your IP like this IPHERE /* test */

This is the most hacky solution I’ve every seen and not user friendly at all. You guys should really fix this and just simple add a name field and track connections by names. For anyone who wouldn’t have a name simple put the IP as the name as well. Wow.

1 Like

Hello Killa,

We appreciate your suggestion, but currently, that’s how the functionality operates. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for using SQLBackupAndFTP, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.