Cannot copy bak file to S3 bucket in ap-south-1 region bucket

Cannot copy bak (SQL Backup) file to S3 bucket in ap-south-1 region bucket in AWS. Here I have created the bucket with bucketname before configuring the job. After configuring the job in the tool with

Bucket bucketname
Path What path should we enter here? I gave same as bucketname

It gives error

Endpoint of bucket “bucketname” at ap-south-1" not found.

Instead if I do not create any bucket and just configure and run the job it creates a bucket in US N East Virginia region in AWS and not ap-south-1 region. Kindly assit urgently in this regards.

Hi Vinay_Desai,

Please find more details on how to send the backups to Amazon S3 at How to Backup SQL Server to Amazon S3 | SQLBackupAndFTP's blog

Also, you can specify a region in the destination’s settings.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you!

Hi Alexander,

The version of my tool is as below.

For this Version we are not able to view the Region selecting option.

Kindly advise if we need to upgrade the version here and will there be cost for that.

We want the region option without further cost if possible.

Also is there any update option without incurring additional cost as current version is standard and licensed

Hi Vinay_Desai,

Yes, that option isn’t available in the version you use, since it’s a very old version and no longer supported.

Yes, you can renew to the latest release with a discount. To do it, please click on the “Upgrade to latest version…” link at the “Actions” column at your “My Account” https://sqlbackupandftp.com/account page.

To log in, please use the email address you used to purchase the license.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.