Basic authentication in Office 365

At this moment I’m using SQL Backup and FTP to backup one private (test) SQL database. At this moment I use my Office 365 account to send email to my monitoring system to inform me about backup status’ of the SQL database.

However, seeing Microsoft will stop with basic authentication (used by SQL Backup and FTP to send mail through Office 365) on October 13th 2020, I won’t be able to use sending email through O365 any longer.

Is there any update planned which enabled Modern Authorization for sending email through SQL Backup and FTP ?

1 Like

Dear Niels_Zegers,

Thank you for the details, please give us some time to check the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi @Alexander ,

As of October 1st, 2022 Microsoft will start disabling Basic Authentication in all tenants. However, SMTP Authentication is not yet affected. So with this there will be some more time to find alternatives.

But also when connecting to an SQL Server in Azure the documentation says to use SQL Authentication. Is there any way to switch to another authentication method?

I’m basically asking whether there are any plans to support Modern Authentication (OAuth 2.0) soon?

Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your request, sorry, but for now, we have no plans to do it.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.