Backup MySQL error Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure

Hello
I get an error message, Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure, and Bad Handshake when I try to backup MySQL

I enabled “Define the connection password in environment variable” but the error still occurs

Software Version is 12.4.16 (Lite)

I can fix it by this Post

Thank

1 Like

Hi sitstandard,

It seems the issue is resolved.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you this issue has beed solved.

Good news! Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

Hi Alexander, I just want to piggyback on this issue. I get a similar error

9:57:44 am Failed to backup “BU” folder in “C:\BU”. #[JOB-BAK:2009] Failed create archive.
9:57:26 am Failed to backup “dm8744025311084” database with “Full” backup type: mysqldump: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure. mysqldump: Couldn’t execute ‘show events’: Access denied for user ‘xxxxxxxxxxxx’ to database ‘dm8744025311084’ (1044)

Hi ETEQ_Development,

That error message is generated by MySQL Server and we can do nothing here from our side. Please try to resolve the issue using the recommendations from the previous replies or try to find more information on the web.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Sir,

Hope you could help me on this error.

Hi iAmSam_Records,

Please find more details on how to resolve the issue at [DBMS-MSSQL:11006#11007] MySQL backup error: unknown variable ‘column-statistics=0’ – SQLBackupAndFTP's blog

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.