Backup failure on Azure SQL DBs during snapshot operation

Hello,

We started to test your software as possible solution to automate Azure SQL backups transitioning to Azure Storage and we identified an issue that appearing during snapshot operation on databases that are 50 GB size or so. Issue description is below.

We are running multiple Azure SQL servers and databases in Elastic Pools. We are running backups with Snapshot option on.

So I notice that backup operations complete successfully on small databases but it failing on larger databases (like DBs which size is 50 GB or so) with error attached below.

Based on troubleshooting I notice that issue might be related with time out settings of your application how long it is waiting while snapshot become fully available for export. I notice that your application is waiting around 5 minutes but snapshot became fully available after 7 or 8 minutes only for DBs that are near 50 GB in size (after an operation “CREATE DATABASE “DB-Copy” AS COPY OF “DB”;”).

Is it any way to increase this time out setting to instruct application keep trying longer before doping snapshot and throwing a visible error ?

Hi Stasys_Stankevicius,

Thank you for the details.

We’ll check the issue and add the needed improvements. We’ll keep you updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi Stasys_Stankevicius,

Sorry for the late reply.

Recently we released SQLBackupAndFTP version 12.4.5 with the fix of this issue. Could you please install it https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download and check if it works for you?

Sorry for the inconvenience and for the delay.