Backup and restore issues in RDS MYSQL

Hi,
Until the upgrade to version 12.7.x, I had been creating backups and restores of database connecting to mysql servers in RDS via TCP. There was a specific command

--set-gtid-purged=OFF

that had to be set in “More settings” section. Failure to do this would result in the following error:

Error Code: 1227 Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation

After the upgrade the 12.7.x, it started giving me the above error even though none of the settings had changed and they were exactly the same.

This is how my settings looked like:

I also followed AWS’ advice in the following link, but considering I have no functions nor events or anything it wasn´t an issue. It continued to fail for me regardless of updating parameter groups, changing databases etc.

What DID work for me is the downgrade to 12.6.9 of SqlBackupAndFTP, and it was able to restore my backups successfully, so it seems like theres an issue with the upgrade or there are breaking changes that were not contemplated maybe? We use MySql 5.7 in RDS.

Could this please be looked into ASAP as we would like to buy the license for this but this upgrade is stopping us from buying it.

Thanks

Hi Sanjay,

We are working on the issue. For now, you can install the previous version Dropbox - SQLBackupAndFTPSetup.exe - Simplify your life and disable the auto-update option “Tools” > “Settings”.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for your waiting.

We have added some improvements to the Alpha edition, could you please install it https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha and check if it works for you?

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.