AWS RDS SQL Server backup fails

I’ve been using the free version for a SQL backup at AWS since November 2021. Works great.
Starting May 20th, 2022 it started failing. No changes have been made to the local computer, SBFTP app settings or the AWS SQL server.
The error says:
5/20/2022 9:00:13 PM [Error] Failed to backup “” database with “Full” backup type: Could not connect to database server. > A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.) > The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.

Did something change at AWS? I’m running version 12.7.0 Free.

Hi Randy_Spivey,

Could you please let us know if you are able to perform a Data-tier Application via SSMS?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

yes, I can do that type of backup. But the SQLBACKUPANDFTP still fails.
What can I do?

Hi Randy_Spivey,

Thank you for the details.

Please give us some time to check the issue.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Hi Randy_Spivey,

Sorry, but there is not enough information to investigate the issue.

Could you please provide us with the exact configuration of your database settings in RDS SQL SERVER, or provide us with test access to your database (please allow access via IP 40.127.195.1).

To make the settings private, please send them via email to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

I have the same problem…
Is there a solution ?
Thank you

Support here couldn’t help replicate the issue so they couldn’t assist. I ended up searching AWS and finding that I had to load AWS’s SSL Certificate. Here is a link to the article on AWS website.
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/SQLServer.Concepts.General.SSL.Using.html
AWS instructions are easy to follow. Hope this helps.

Thank you.
But in fact it’s a managed database in Azure and not in AWS…

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

Please give us some time to check the issue.

Hello,

Thank you for your waiting.

We checked the issue, and we were not able to reproduce it, but we believe that the issues can be resolved by exporting the certificate. You can find more details on how to do it in the web.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.