1/4 backups fail immediately when temp folder is local

Hello,

I don’t have very much experience with this software or with SQL servers in general. My company is using this software to backup several databases. 1 is MS SQL and the other 3 are My SQL. We have had issues with the MS SQL backup. It sometimes failed when the temporary folder was set to a network location. We have changed it to a local drive, but now the backup fails immediately.

Here is the error message.

3/7/2024 1:30 PM Failed to backup “DP2” database with “Full” backup type: One or more errors occurred. > Cannot open backup device ‘E:\SQLBackupWorkFolder\Pranas.NET\SBF\4b0e1605-b320-4baa-9fce-7a8744ca76d9\backup\DP2202403070830.bak’. Operating system error 21(The device is not ready.).
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

The other 3 backups continue to work without issue. I have reached out to support but their suggestions have yet to help. We have checked the disk, checked permissions, there are no issues with this local drive. Manual backups can be performed without issue. Any ideas or suggestions for this issue?

Hello John_Gilmore,

Could you please confirm whether you have installed SQLBackupAndFTP on the same computer where SQL Server is installed? Also, please try using a different folder on your local drive as temporary storage.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.