Won't save to my NAS

I’m setting up SQLBackupAndFTP on a remote server. The SQL connection to the database server tests OK. The connection to the NAS that I want to back up to also tests OK - the “open folder” link in the application window shows the correct location.

When I run a test of the backup, every object fails with an error showing that the app is trying to save to a local directory on the database server instead of to the NAS. A copy of the log is below. This is a clean install on a server on the same LAN.

Any idea what could be the problem?

1/9/2018 12:04 PM Starting job “sql_backup.jobx” with backup type “Full”. The computer name: “MEHANDI-TERM01”. The application version: “11.1.22”
1/9/2018 12:04 PM The backup folder of the job is “d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup” with “” free space. The temporary folder of the job is “C:\Users\administrator.WAREHOUSE\AppData\Local\Temp\Pranas.NET\SQLBackupAndFTP\backup” with “759.461GB” free space
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Backing up “192.168.1.209\acctivate” SQL Server databases
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Getting maximum file size…
1/9/2018 12:04 PM The maximum file size: “”
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Failed to backup “master” database with “Full” backup type: One or more errors occurred. > Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.

Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Failed to backup “model” database with “Full” backup type: One or more errors occurred. > Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.
Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Failed to backup “msdb” database with “Full” backup type: One or more errors occurred. > Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Failed to backup “ACCTivate$TDLFORTIM” database with “Full” backup type: One or more errors occurred. > Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Failed to backup “ACCTivate” database with “Full” backup type: One or more errors occurred. > Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Failed to backup “ACCTivate$TDLNEW” database with “Full” backup type: One or more errors occurred. > Could not find a part of the path ‘d:\ACCTivate\Database\MSSQL10_50.ACCTIVATE\MSSQL\Backup’.
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Cleaning up backups of “sql_backup.jobx” job
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Job “sql_backup.jobx” finished with “6” errors
1/9/2018 12:04 PM Can’t send email to streetleveltech@earthlink.net: Incorrect authentication data (535).

Hello,

Thank you for the details.

Sorry but currently SQLBackupAndFTP cannot perform remote backups. Could you please install SQLBackupAndFTP on the same computer where SQL Server is installed.

We plan to add a remote backup option soon.

Same issue, I’m awaiting for an update.

Hi,

We plan to release SQLBackupAndFTP with remote backup option till the end of this week.

Remote backup is rolling out automatically in SQLBackupAndFTP version 11.4.2. If you don’t have it updated yet, just wait a day or two. To do a remote backup, on “Connect” window select “Remote SQL Server” in “Server Type” field.