Service has stopped working

Hello!
The service worked fine until November 9, after this date it does not start. reboot does not help, the service startup is set to “Automatic (Delayed Start)”. Program version 11.3.5. When attempting to start, error 1053 appears.
Automatic updates were not installed on that day. Please help, backups are needed …

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

To investigate this case we need more information. Could you please send us your Windows Event Log to check it. Also could you please tell us are you able to run SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) Windows Service manually?

To make it private please send your Windows Event Log to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes yes yes, exactly the same. Service stopped working on 2017-11-09 and have not started ever since.

Uninstalled 11.1.xx version, installed 11.3.9 - same result.

Could you please tell us more details when exactly SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) Windows Service is stopped? If it happens during the server’s restart, then please open Windows Services window and find SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) Windows Service, right click and select “Properties” in the opened window please select “Automatic (Delayed Start)” at the Status type section.

Could you please send us your Windows Event Log to check it, to make it private please send them to support@sqlbackupandftp.com

The service worked for 2 months and then on November 9 it stopped.

It does not start at all.
Multilple reboots did not help.
Manual start doesn’t work.(timeouts after 30 seconds)
Uninstall (with deletion of all configuration) and reinstall did not help
“Automatic (Delayed Start)” did not help.

If I start manually, I see “Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion”

Windows Event log always has 2 new events when trying to start service:

EventID 7009: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) service to connect.

EventID 7000: The SQLBackupAndFTP (SQL Server backup) service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Hello!

I have solved my problem with changing service property “log on” from system account to my local admin account.

Tried it. Did not help :confused:

When I change service LogOn user to .\Administrator, and try to start service, I see this in Event Log:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
to the user SERVERNAME\Administrator SID (S-1-5-21-3125800209-3373645691-3874977281-500) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

it’s just a matter of adding access rights. search a solution in the Internet how to do it. moreover it is written at you previous post: “This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool”

Thank you for the details.

You might need to provide permission using the below instruction.

1. Click Start > Run > Type > dcomcnfg, expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config.
  2. Click View > Detail -> Now you will get Application Name and Application ID in right side.
  3. Scroll down and find the application ID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} > Right Click > Properties and select the Security tab.
  4. Click Customize under “Launch & Activation Permission” > click Edit > Add in the account serverName\UserName and set local launch and local activation.
  5. Restart the application Service linked to this Application ID or restart the server and monitor