Restore fails from SQLBackup Restore

I get this message when trying to restore.
Failed to restore “MyDatabaseName” database on “Failed” step. > Invalid backup type

I just ran the job and then tried to restore. If I go to the backup folder and unzip the file then SSMS will restore it.

Thanks!

Hi Chuck_Atkinson,

Thank you for the details.

Please give us some time to check and fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Chuck_Atkinson,

We have checked the issue, but the information you sent isn’t enough. Could you please clarify, do you restore the backups via a restore job or from your backup job log?

If you restore the backups via a restore job, then please make sure that you use the correct connection type. Microsoft SQL Server (local) for the local SQL Server connection and Microsoft SQL Server (remote) for the remote SQL Server connection.

If you restore the backups from your backup job log, then please send us the Advanced log. Please find more details on how to do it at https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/how-to-send-log-to-developers

Please let us know when the log will be sent, also, please provide us with your Application ID (“Help” > “About”).

I have the same (well, similar) problem. I just installed the free version (with 14-day pro trial evidently) a few minutes ago, did a test backup to local filesystem and tried to restore it from the GUI (from the backup log window of the backup job I just ran). I get ‘Failed to restore “MyDatabaseName” database on “Downloading” step. > Invalid backup type’. I haven’t tried unzipping the file or restoring it any way other than via the GUI.

I just followed the instructions for sending my debug log file. My Application ID is 70b43008-b058-4926-8577-4a0af4ed8956.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Rebeccah,

Thank you for the logs. Please give us some time to check the issue, we’ll keep you updated.

Hi Rebeccah,

Thank you for waiting.

We have fixed the issue in the SQLBackupAndFTP Alpha edition https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download/alpha Could you please install it and check if it works for you?

Thank you, Alexander. The second alpha version that you sent me resolved the problem.

Rebeccah

Hi Rebeccah,

That’s great! Thank you for your reply.

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.