Port greater than 65535 on mySQL

Greetings. I have a instance on mySQL for a specific product that is running on port 83306 (Not a Typeo). It seems that when adding a database connection it wont let me add anything over 65535. Is there a fix for this or a work around to allow me to connect to my database?

Thank you.

(No I can not change the port for the database, limitation of the software connecting to it.)

Hi Brad_Williams,

Thank you for the issue reporting. Please give us some time to check and fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you Alexander can’t wait to give it a try once ready.

We have checked this issue and found out that TCP protocol is restricted by the following ports’ range 0-65535. Could you please tell us what configuration do you use, that your MySQL port is out of that range?

Also, could you please clarify, are you able to connect to your Server manually, using mysql.exe utility and that port?

It’s for a timekeeping system and I can connect to the port with the executables and command line tools of mySQL.

Thanks

Dear Brad_Williams,

To investigate this case we need more details. Could you please provide us with test access to check the issue.

To make it private please send the details to our support team support@sqlbackupandftp.com