Issue After Updating

Hi,

Recently my company’s encountered an issue where backups stop happening as the service stops and never restarts. This appears to be happening due to the software updating. This past time, what happened was:

-The backup job started
-The update was downloaded while the job was happening, but not installed
-The job finished
-The service stopped so that the update could be installed
-The following application error was logged by Windows:

“There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. > The pipe endpoint ‘net.pipe://localhost/pranasnet/net/sbf/Config/Net.pranasnet.sbf.Config’ could not be found on your local machine.”

I can try digging a little deeper for more info if necessary, but I have 2 pretty simple questions.

1. Is it possible to turn off auto-updates for the software, and if so, how? We would be OK with doing that and updating the software on our own terms, so to speak.
  2. Is there a known fix for this issue that we can apply?

Thanks.

Hello,

It seems this issue happens during the restart of the service, not during the upgrade.

Sometimes SQLBackupAndFTP is blocked by antivirus or any other software responsible for the security. If you have such software please try to disable it and check if it solves the issue?

Sorry, but there is no way to disable the updates.

Thanks for the response. So are you saying that the update installs, then the service tries to restart itself to finish the update and that’s where the error occurs? I wasn’t seeing anything about the service stopping in the event log, but if that’s the sequence of events I could understand it.

Hello,

You can find the error message at the Windows Event Log. Also, you can run the service as a process via command line, to do it please run:

SqlBak.Service.exe -console

To start the application run:

SBF.Application.exe -ignoreStatusService

If it’s OK for you, you can add SqlBak.Service.exe -console to windows scheduler, to run automatically during the start of your server.