Google Drive "Failed to Initialize the Destination Test"

Hi Guys,

I have just purchase the SQL Backup & FTP Utility for a couple of my clients. My clients are GSuite for Business customers and I am trying to connect their SQL hosts to backup into their GSuite Drive as they have unlimited storage.

When I attempt to setup the Google Drive as a destination it allows me to connect to the mail account that has been configured for the said purpose, however when clicking “Test” it gives me the following as per the screenshot attached.

Any assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps there is a specific port that needs to be opened to permit the traffic? I have turned off the local windows firewall with no success, however thought it might be an alternative port that I can set ISP Firewall side.

Hi @Brent_Webber , we are seeing this error too on our backups, seems like a Google Drive issue as our backup and google drive sync are both not working?

I too can report the same error on our backups. Not sure what the solution is. I have tried to disconnect my Google account, and reconnect, but I get the same error. Has been working perfectly until now.

Can report the same thing in trying to test a new backup to Google Drive using 11.7.0

Hi,

This is known issue and we’ll fix it as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue in SQLBackupAndFTP version 11.7.1. Could you please upgrade to the latest version and check it? To upgrade please click “Help” > “Check for updates…”, or download the latest release at https://sqlbackupandftp.com/download

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Confirmed - appears to be working correctly now.

Good news! Thanks for the feedback.

Please feel free to contact us on any issues or concerns.

Fantastic! Great turn around on the problem guys.

I have installed version 11.7.1 and everything is working fine now.

Much appreciated!
Brent

Good news. If you have any issues please feel free to contact us.