Backup failed: 23(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105)

We have been running sqlbackupandftp for a few years, Recently we have been getting failures when backing up one of the databases:

Failed to backup “LP3_DSM” database with “Full” backup type: Read on “D:\SQL DATABASE\DSMX\LP3_DSM.mdf” failed: 23(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 15105)

I have checked the free space on the D Drive - 275GB and the database size is about 14GB.

I have also changed the temp folder to the D Drive as will and still we get the same error.

I suspect that the issue is down to free disk space on the C drive, which only has about 7GB free. Are there any other areas on the C drive that sqlbackupandftp is using for caching?

Thanks

James

Hi James,

Could you please try to perform a backup via SQL Server Management Studio to your disk D:\. If it works then please make sure that you have specified the temporary folder in SQLBackupAndFTP on your drive D:\ and if it doesn’t resolve the issue please enable the advanced log, reproduce the issue and send logs to our dev team. Please find more details on how to do it at https://sqlbackupandftp.com/blog/how-to-send-log-to-developers

Please let us know when the logs will be sent.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Alexander,

Backup using SQL Server Management Studio failed with the same error. Logs have been sent to your dev team.

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

SQLBackupAndFTP creates backups via Standard T-SQL Commands. If you cannot perform a backup via SQL Server Management Studio then it cannot be performed via SQLBackupAndFTP. We recommend you to check your database settings.