Application does not successfully start - Stuck on 'Initializing the application' message box

Hi,

I’m new to SQLBackupAndFTP, downloaded the latest version and it’s stuck on the above message. The service is in a running state however the application event log displays the message:

Failed to start the service.
The type ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.Diagnostics.ServiceModelSink.Behavior, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Diagnostics.ServiceModelSink, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ registered for extension ‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.Diagnostics.ServiceModelSink.Behavior’ could not be loaded. (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config line 253)

I am running SQL Server 2019 on Windows Server 2016 Standard edition and .have Net version 4.7.3 installed. I also use windows firewall with advanced security that came with the OS.

Would be very grateful if you can help me get this working. Thanks

Hi Shuaib,

We have checked your log, thank you. Could you please try to install the latest release of .NET Framework version .NET Framework 4.8? https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework or run Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Please let us know if it resolves the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Having the same issue on Windows Server 2019 x64 Datacenter on ESXi VM and with Kaspersky Security Center 14 and .Net 4.8, every time i reboot, the service doesn’t start automatically. I have to manualy execute the program and then when it ask for resetting the service, it begins to work.

The main idea of a software like this in my opinion, should be to execute the schedule tasks without the need of executing the windows application. It should be able to load the jobs settings and execute it.

Hello Abel_Rodriguez_Vera,

You can try to add SQLBackupAndFTP to the exception list of your antivirus or profiler.

Also, you can try to run SQLBackupAndFTP as a process. You can do it in the following way:

Run Command Line and go to the directory where SQLBackupAndFTP is installed.
Run sqlbak.service.exe -console (Do not press “Any Key”).

To run SQLBackupAndFTP and tune a backup job, please execute sbf.application.exe -ignoreStatusService

If it works, please add sqlbak.service.exe -console into the Windows scheduler.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.